Director of CARES
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY TO YOU?
- You would like to take more time to work on YOU to create a healthier mental well-being.
- You would like to address the increasing number of students battling social, emotional, and behavioral issues, but don’t feel confident or equipped on where to start.
- You would like to cultivate strong, authentic connections with staff & students, to enhance trust, collaboration, and teamwork.
- You want to help your students and staff feel supported, safe, happy and loved to foster positive, loving learning environments and maximize academic learning.
If you checked ANY of these boxes…we have JUST the solution for YOU!
You Aren't Alone
We are here to help you and your team cultivate positive, healthy mindsets, enhance your personal well-being, embrace Choose Love programming with ease, unite greater as a staff, and better support the needs of your students.
Our workshops will allow you to grow greater awareness around the benefits of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), feel more confident and equipped to integrate essential SEL practices within your personal life as well as the classroom, and create a safe and loving environment.
We'll Be With You Every Step of the Way
We are here to support YOUR Choose Love Journey in whatever capacity you need. Select one of our current workshop offerings or let us know what you are looking for.
We are more than happy to discuss the unique needs of your team or district to create a custom workshop or series that best suits your current needs.
Choose Love C.A.R.E.S.
Elevating Your School Wide Character Social Emotional Development Skills and Transforming Your School Culture
School administrators, principals, educational leaders…
Give your teachers, staff and students the support they want and need by creating a school culture of Choosing Love.
Choose Love CARES workshops provide professional development and coaching that supports our no-cost Choose Love For Schools programming. We are here for you and your team to cultivate a positive environment and healthy mindsets. We’ll show you how easy and rewarding it is to implement Choose Love programming and embrace the Choose Love lifestyle.
Our workshops allow you and your team to:
- Help with the increasing number of students battling social, emotional and behavioral issues;
- Grow greater awareness around the benefits of Character Social Emotional Development (CSED);
- Feel more confident and equipped to integrate essential Choose Love practices within your personal life as well as the classroom;
- Create a more peaceful and loving learning environment.
Choose Love Kickoff Keynote
Powerful Background & Curriculum Overview
Scarlett Lewis, founder of the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement, will discuss the global nonprofit organization she created to build a culture of love, resilience, forgiveness, and connection in our schools and communities at a time when it is needed the most as part of the solution to the many issues we’re seeing in schools today that translate into society. Through Scarlett’s story, with a focus on what she’s learned and experienced, participants will discover the importance of essential life skills taught through the Movement’s no cost, comprehensive, lifespan, next generation Character Social Emotional Development programs (CSED) that are suited for all ages and stages of life, that teach educators and their students how to Choose Love in any circumstance. People become connected, resilient, and empowered when they Choose Love.
This session will offer participants ways to integrate social-emotional practices into their lives and in the classroom through understanding and practicing the transformative Choose Love Formula. They will be nourished and empowered to take a proactive hands-on approach to transform their classrooms and communities into positive learning environments to effectively support the needs of their students.
- Participants will understand the Choose Love Formula, why it was created, what it includes, and how to apply it in the classroom.
- Participants will be able to apply and implement simple practices in their daily lives to combat fatigue and anxiety, restore their vitality, and help them feel more emotionally and mentally empowered.
- Participants will understand how they can take back their personal power and thoughtfully respond to challenges by choosing love.
Foundations of Choosing Love
Essential Self Care For Educators & Leaders
Through an “experiential” exploration of the foundational components of the Choose Love Formula, including Post Traumatic Growth, Mindfulness, Growth Mindset, Positive Intelligence, and Neuroscience, workshop participants will fortify their own social and emotional well-being.
- Fun and connection through shared learning and community building.
- Enhances personal mental well-being and professional sustainability through mindfulness/mental fitness and self-care practices.
- Complementary strategies in fun and creative ways that can be used in the classroom.
- Learn to integrate Choose Love CSED practices into personal and professional life.
Implementation & Best Practices
Choose Love Curriculum Lesson Engagement
For schools looking to align their teams in the rollout of the Choose Love curriculum. A deep-dive, hands-on experience where participants learn how to best use the Choose Love curriculum and will be able to implement the lessons immediately.
- A step-by-step experiential journey through the curriculum and the Choose Love Formula Pillars.
- Overview of lesson breakdown, best implementation practices and a demonstration of a Choose Love lesson.
- Learn how the Choose Love Formula grows developmentally with each grade level.
- Review of scope and sequence charts to assist in customizing a plan to implement Choose Love programming utilizing SMART goals.
Master Class Series
Ongoing Coaching for
Nurture and support the wellbeing of your school staff through an “experiential” exploration of principles, practices and implementation ideas for each of the Choose Love Formula character pillars: Courage, Gratitude, Forgiveness, and Compassion in Action.
Each workshop (4 total) is designed to be facilitated quarterly throughout the school year.
- Build support and momentum for Choose Love programming.
- Enhance educators’ well-being through self-regulation techniques and strategies.
- Cultivate connections amongst school staff through intentional community building.
- Engage educators with strategies they use in their classrooms.
- Virtual Session
4 workshops*, 90 minutes each
- In-Person Session
4 workshops*, 90-120 minutes each
*Recommended quarterly. Can be combined depending on availability.
Trauma Informed Experiential Wellness
Creating The Safe Space To Heal
The increased trauma associated with pandemic teaching has created a silent epidemic in education: educators with nothing left to give. This workshop creates a safe space for teachers to reconnect to the heart, as it helps to heal from the inside out.
- Participants will learn how to identify symptoms of stress and trauma, while learning tools and skills to manage emotions and make positive choices.
- Cultivate connections with others while exploring opportunities for post traumatic growth.
The Behavior Guidance Connection
Transforming Teachers, Transforming Education
This workshop will challenge your basic assumptions around the behavior of youth and the teacher’s role in shaping that behavior to accomplish learning goals in any area of the whole-child model (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive).
- Create clarity around the behaviors expected in their classroom & the “why’s” of those behaviors.
- Relate the four Choose Love ingredients to their Behavior Guidance efforts.
- Understand their role in the shaping of the behavior of children and youth.
- Recognize & effectively plan for & respond to the 4 main types of students’ mistaken behaviors.
The Mind / Body Workshop
Shifting the SELF into Regulation
With the rise of mental health challenges amongst our youth, educators need effective solutions to create calmer classrooms and support positive behavior. Mindfulness breaks, also called focused attention practices, have been proven to teach the nervous system how to come back into balance so that executive functioning skills can be accessed. As students develop the capacity to mindfully pause, breathe, move and direct attention, the neural circuitry for impulse control, emotional management, and attention flourish. This creates the optimal internal states for learning, communicating and thriving.
- Learn the neuroscience of mindfulness and self regulation in relation to learning.
- Explore evidence-based, mind/body practices that are easy to implement and save you time each day. This means more attention and less behavioral disruptions.
- Understand the importance of your own well-being as a model for setting the nervous system up for success.
- Enjoy how these tools prepare both you and your students to cultivate a classroom climate of safety, compassion and connection.
PACKAGES & CUSTOM WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE!
Need Funding? We Can Help!
Grants are available. We are here to help you find a grant and apply.
Looking for grant funds to schedule CARES professional development or implement Choose Love programming at your school? Your school may have Federal funding available, and we can assist you with grant applications. We recommend first contacting your school administrator for information about ARP/ESSER funding plans.
Educators may also check these websites for individual grants: