June 30th would have been Jesse’s 15th birthday, so we are putting one of the last messages that he left for his brother JT — “Have a lot of Fun” — into practice with a month of fun events, activities, and experiences for all ages.
The Month of Fun offers a variety of virtual fundraising events in support of the Choose Love Movement’s next generation social and emotional learning programs and resources that are available to everyone.
There’s something for everyone. Get your groove on with dance lessons from salsa to tap. Time to connect with your inner child from tai chi to yoga to meditation, and more. The fundraiser will culminate on the 30th with a virtual birthday bash featuring a musical extravaganza.
Throughout the month, learn about how the Choose Love Formula can be used daily to benefit your life and create safe and loving communities. Learn skills and tools to help children and adults thrive and survive in our current world, while also having a lot of fun.
“This is such a special way to celebrate Jesse’s birthday. He was such a happy, active little boy and I know he would want all of us to come together and have a lot of fun. It will also be filled with a lot of nurturing healing love — there’s nothing better than that!” says Scarlett Lewis, Jesse’s mom and founder of the Choose Love Movement.
A Silent Online Auction will feature a variety of items, including a Choose Love Gift Basket, a Wellness Workshop, a foursome golf outing, an original painting, and more!
Registration is free but donations are encouraged. Donations can be made online or by texting FUN2021 to 91999. The Choose Love Programs reach two million children in 10,000 schools worldwide. Every dollar of your contribution covers the social emotional learning needs of one additional student for a whole year. Your silent auction bid may change a child’s life, a community, and our world for the better.
The virtual event series will include (more events to be added soon!):
- Salsa Fiesta with Julia Richter — Thursday, June 3 at 7:30 EST
- My Heart Does a Little Dance — Sunday, June 6 at 6:30pm EST
- Grief Yoga with Beth Segaloff at 7pm EST on June 9
- Zensational Yoga and Meditation with Allison Morgan – June 14 at 7pm EST
- Playing with the Energy Ball – How do you know what you know?Thursday, June 16 – 7 to 9pm EST
- Tools & Approaches to help your children with emotional self regulation with Maria Ortner of the Tapping Solution
- Learn about Post Traumatic GROWTH with Yannick & ScarlettMonday, June 21 at 6:30pm EST – June 24 at 6:30 pm EST
- Mindful Meditation with Heartlady Inspiration – Tanya Levy – June 28 at 6pm EST.
- Tap Dance Tuesdays with Michelle Greenwell – June 1, 8, 15, 22, & 29 from 2:30 to 3:15 EST
- Shift into Wellness with Tai Chi – Free Facebook Live events, Tai Chi Wellness and the Seated Form Series – Fridays 11am – 12pm Atlantic, June 4, 11, 18, and 25
- Self Care Sundays & Shift into Wellness with Paula Nowak M.Ed. – Sundays June 6, 13, 20 and 27 at 8pm EST
- Jesse’s Birthday Show – June 30 at 7pm EST
Learn more about a Month of Fun at https://app.mobilecause.com/e/HSZPBQ?vid=imfmi.