Scarlett Lewis is a super-survivor and one of the United States’ most high-profile architects of change. She co-founded the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement™ after her son was murdered during the Sandy Hook tragedy in December 2012. The resulting life skills programs she developed, the “Choose Love Formula” has been taught to more than 2 million kids and adults. This inter-generational educational program is taught in all 50 US states and in more than 100 countries.
CHP Chief Movement Officer
Inspirational speaker, Teacher, Author
Scarlett is the recipient of the Common Ground Award, the International Forgiveness Award, and the 2020 Peace Hero Award among many Honors.
At right, with the Dalai Lama in 2013.
“My challenge to you is this: Be mindful of practicing your courage to choose love — every day, in every interaction and in every situation,” Lewis said. “Remember, you have a choice. In every decision, we are either choosing love or fear.”
Scarlett started her career at Greenwich Capital Markets in the municipal arbitrage department. She then was a municipal bond trader and investment banker for Llama Company in the midwest and went on to work for OptiMark, a black box trading system in NYC, covering the New England territory. Scarlett graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in Communications in 1990. She lives on a farm in Connecticut with her son, JT.
Her awards include:
- 2020 Unsung Hero Award: NonProfit PRO
- 2019 Mindful Family Award from Mission Be
- 2019 Women in Business Stevie Awards
- 2019 Jason Award from The Children’s Square USA
- 2019 NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges) Charles Eliot Award
- 2019 Global Presence Humanitarian Award by Parenting 2pt0
- 2019 Courage, Confidence and Character Award by the Girl Scouts of Connecticut
- 2018 Honorary Doctorate, Quinnipiac University
- 2018 Character and Courage Award from Character.org
- 2018 Changing the World One Heart at a Time Award by the Center for Nonviolence and Peace Studies
- 2014 Hero of Forgiveness by the Worldwide Forgiveness Alliance
- 2014 Common Ground Award by the Search for Common Ground
Get to know Scarlett Lewis